Resource material for national day quiz
27th Nov 2017
Resource material for national day quiz
UAE QUIZ- 1
1-Arabic name for the U.A.E Federation -Dawlat al Imarat of Arabiyyah Al Muttahidah
2- National Anthem - IshyBilady (long Live My Nation)
a. Lyrics Written By - Aref Al Sheikh Abdullah Al Hassan
b. Music - Mohammed Abdel Wahab
3- First Arab Woman to reach the North Pole - Elham Al Qasimi.
4-The world's largest shopping mall - The Dubai Mall .
5- The world's largest choreographed fountain - The Dubai Fountain.
a. Emirate Airlines - U.A.E.’s flag carrier
b. Etihad Airlines - U.A.E’s National carrier
c. Air Arabia - U.A.E’s low cost carrier
d. Fly Dubai - U.A.E’s Budget Airline
e. Rotana Jet - Local airline
7- The largest pre-Islamic site on the Persian Gulf coast: - Al Dour located roughly where the town of Umm Al Quwain is now.
8. Al-Dour was an important trading port from about 200 BC to 200 AD.
9. UAE University, the first comprehensive national university in the Emirates, was established in Al Ain by Sheikh Zayed, founder of the UAE, in 1976.
10. Colours of the UAE National Flag stand for:- Green means fertility; white, neutrality;
red, unity; and black is the colour of Prophet Mohammed’s flag
11- Important sea ports:
a. Port Zayed, Abu Dhabi
b. Port Rashid, Dubai
c. Port Khalid, Sharjah
d. Port Jebel Ali, Dubai
12-The official religion of the U.A.E - Islam
13. The Holy book of Muslims - Quran
14. Holy month of fasting - Ramadan
15. The garden city of the U.A.E - Al Ain
16. The pearl of the Gulf - Dubai
17. The U.A.E National Day - 2nd December
18. Official language - Arabic
19. The ship of the desert - Camel
20. The wonder tree of the desert - Date Palm
21. The National bird - Majestic Falcon
22. National tree - Ghaf
23. National animal - Arabian Oryx
24. National Flower - Tribulus Omanense
25. National sports- camel racing and Falconry
Al Sadiq Islamic English School
U.A,E.General Quiz :
1- How many colours are in the UAE flag? 4
2- who is the president of the UAE? His Highness Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
3- The Peregrine falcon is the UAE’s National what? National Bird
4- Who is the ruler of Sharjah? His Highness Shaikh Sultan Bin Mohammed Al Qasimi
5- Which emirate has the lowest population rate? Umm – Al Quwain
6- Who wrote the UAE’s national anthem? Arif Al Shaikh Abdullah AL Hassan
7- Where can you find Jabal Jais and Dhayah Fort? Ras Al Khaimah
8- The AL Noor mosque is located in which emirate? Sharjah
9- Her Excellency Ohood bintKhalfan Al Roumi is the UAE minister of what? Minister of State for Happiness
10- Which Airline is the UAE’s national airline? Etihad Airways
11- Who was the first president of the UAE after formation? Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan
12- Shaikh Khalifa came to power as the president of the UAE in which year? 2004
13- Who is the wife of Shaikh Mohammed and daughter of Late King Hussein of Jordan? HayaBint Hussein.
14) What does U.A.E stand for - United Arab Emirates
15) Which is the capital of U.A.E? Abu Dhabi
16) Name of the President of U.A.E and Ruler of Abu Dhabi? President-H.H Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan
17) When did U.A.E become unified? 2nd December 1971
18) Which is the largest and the smallest Emirates? Largest-Abudhabi , Smallest-Ajman.
19) Which animal is called the ‘Ship? of the Desert’ - Camel.
20) Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC). Founded on - 26 May 1981.
Q.22) What is ADNOC - Abu Dhabi National Oil Company.
Q.23) Name the country having major share of the UAE’s import and export markets - Japan.
Q.24) Which education sector was developed in July 2005 - The Dubai Education Council.
Q.25) Name the authority established to license educational institution. - The Knowledge and Human Development Authority.
Q.26) Name the world’s richest horse race- Dubai World Cup.
Q.27) When was Dubai Police established - Dubai Police was established on June 1st, 1956 in Naif fort.
Q.28) What is the full form of KHDA - Knowledge and Human Development Authority.
Q.30) Name UAE’s five largest centers of High Education - UAE University, Zayed University, Gulf Medical College, University of Sharjah, Higher College of Technology.
Q.31) When was the national agenda launched - 2015
Q.32) What is target set for the TIMMS in the year 2021 - Top 15.
Q.33) What does PISA test - The reading mathematics and science skills of 15 year old.
Q.34) Why is the target set for 2021 - It coincides with the 50th anniversary of the Union.
Q.35) What should be the percentage of students with high skills of Arabic according to national tests - 90%.
Q.36) Who is the minister of state for Happiness in the UAE - Ohoud Khalfan Al Roumi.
Q.37) Who is the minister of state for tolerance in the UAE - Shaikha Lubna Al Qasimi.
Q.38) Who is the minister of state for youth in the UAE - Shamma Suhail Faris Al Mazrouei.
Q.39) Who is the Minister of State for Higher Education - Ahmad Abdullah Humaid Belhoul Al Falasi.
Q.40) When was the first phase of the Metro completed - The Red Line was completed on 9th September 2009.
The founding fathers of the U.A.E.:
1- H.H Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al-Nahyan - Abu Dhabi
2- H.H Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al-Maktoum - Dubai
3- H.H Sheikh Saud bin Rashid Al Mu'alla - Umm al Qaiwain.
4. H.H Sheikh Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi.- Ajman.
5- H.H Sheikh Hamad bin Mohammed Al Sharqi - Fujairah.
6- H.H Sheikh Saud bin Saqr al Qasimi - Ras Al Khaimah.
7- H.H Dr. Sheikh Sultan bin Mohamed Al-Qasimi - Sharjah.
U.A.E. Tourism :
1. Where is Ferrari World located in Abu dhabi - Yas Island.
2. Which is the tallest tower of the world - The tallest tower is the Burj Khalifa. It is located in Dubai.
3. Name a few tourist spots of U.A.E? Burj Khalifa , Atlantis , Ski Dubai , Palm Jumeirah.
4. Identify the date 09-09-09 in the history of U.A.E? A) The metro was launched .
5. Important Parks: Al Khalideyyah Public garden - Abu Dhabi, Creek side Park - BurDubai , Safa Park - Dubai , Zabeel Park, Dubai , Al Mamzar Park, Dubai .
6. A man-made lake in UAE - Lake Zakhera.
7. It has been called " The world's only 7 star Hotel and is the 3rd tallest hotel in the world - Burj Al Arab.
8. The Al Noor Mosques located in which Emirate? Sharjah.
9. Which of Dubai's many soaring skyscrapers is the world's tallest building? Burj Khalifa.
10. When is Dubai Shopping Festival Started ? December 26, 2017.
11. Emirates inaugural flight was to which city ? Karachi.
12. Which is the oldest tunnel in Dubai? Al Shindagha Tunnel.
13. Which actress was chosen as the Goddess of Atlantis hotel's inauguration in September 2008? Priyanka Chopra.
14. Which is the busiest Dubai Metro Station? Deira City Centre.
15. When did Burj Khalifa open? 4th January, 2010.
16. Which is the name of the oldest building in Dubai? Al Fahidi Fort.
17. What is the name of the longest road in Dubai? E11.
18. The Sheikh Zayed Mosque in Abu Dhabi City is home to world's largest - Carpet.
19. Why is Dubai known as the City of Gold - Dubai is known as the City of Gold because of its famed gold market
1. What was the source of income in traditional UAE? Pearl Diving and Fishing
2. In which century was oil discovered? 20th Century.
3. The UAE in general and Ras Al Khaimah in particular is well known for its - Folklore, folk music, folk dance.
4. Which of the following are some the most popular dishes and recipes in the UAE? Khammer, Regag, Chabab.
5. What are the traditional sports of UAE? Falconry, horseback riding, camel racing.
6. Which is the largest tribal group in the UAE? The Baniyas.
7. What was the mode of transport in traditional UAE? Camel.
The History and Geography of the U.A.E. :
1. UAE's sheikhs were a British protectorate from 1820 until 1971, when they became the United Arab Emirates.
2. The largest pre-Islamic site on the Persian Gulf coast: - Al Dour located roughly where the town of Umm Al Quwain is now.
3. Al-Dour was an important trading port from about 200 BC to 200 AD.
4. The country is located between 22 to 22.50 N Latitude and 51 to 56.510 E longitude.
5. The area of the U.A.E is about 84,000 square kms.
6. Hormuz strait is the link between the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Gulf.
7. Two valleys - Siji valley and Ham Valley
8. Three Islands - Das, Delma, Abu Musa.
9. Three oases - Al Ain, Liwa, Al Dhaid
130. Two plains - Al Thaid, Digdaga
11. Two creeks - Khor Khuwair, Khor Kalba
12. Two gulf - Arabian Gulf and Gulf of Oman
UAE Government :
1. Type of political system/Government – Federal, Presidental
2. UA.E. Federation – Supreme Council consisting of rulers of each Emirate, a Council of Ministers and a semi appointed Federal Council with an advisory role. Each emirate is still governed by its own ruler, with its own local government and courts.
3. Name of the Ministers :
Ministry of Defence The Minister: H.H. Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum (also Vice President and Prime Minister)
- Ministry of Finance the Minister: Sheikh Hamdan bin Rashid Al Maktoum
- The Minister of State for Financial Affairs: Obaid Humaid Al Tayer
- Ministry of Interior the Minister: Lt General Sheikh Saif bin Zayed Al Nahyan (also Deputy Prime Minister)
- Ministry of Presidential Affairs the Minister: Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (also Deputy Prime Minister)
- Ministry of Education the Minister: Humaid Mohammed Obeid al Qattami
- Ministry for Foreign Affairs Foreign Minister: Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan
- The Minister of State: Dr Mohammed Anwar Gargash .
- Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research the Minister: Sheikh Hamdan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan
- Ministry of Public Works the Minister: Dr Abdullah bin Mohammed Balhaif Al Nuaimi
- Ministry of Economy the Minister: Sultan bin Saeed Al Mansouri
- Ministry of Justice the Minister: Dr. Hadef bin Jua'an Al Dhaheri
- Ministry of Energy the Minister: Suhail bin Mohammed FarajFaris Al Mazrouei
- Ministry of Labour The Minister: Saqr Ghobash Saeed Ghobash
- Ministry for Cabinet Affairs the Minister: Mohammed Abdullah Al Gargawi
- Ministry of Social Affairs the Minister: Mariam Mohammed Khalfan Al Roumi
- Ministry of State for FNC Affairs: Dr Anwar Mohammed Gargash
- Ministry of International Cooperation and Development the Minister: Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi